This takes approximately 25 minutes in total to cook.
15g Olive Oil
250g potatoes chopped into chunks
600ml reduced salt chicken stock
100g cooked chicken, chopped
300ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tablespoon corn flour
2 tablespoon water (mix with corn flour)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Fry onions in oil for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer, part covered for 20 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn, chicken and milk and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, stirring often
- Add corn flour mixture to the soup, stirring till its thickened
- Add parsley and cook for another few moments.
- Season with ground black pepper
You can take it on its own as a lighter mid-day meal or serve with a slice of wholegrain bread for a main meal. This meal serves 4.